I. What are requirements for application for publication of a notice for maritime lien?
1. When a ship is transferred, the transferee may apply to the maritime court for a notice of maritime lien to urge the maritime lien holder to claim the right in time and eliminate the maritime lien attached to the ship.
2. When the transferee applies for a notice of maritime lien, he/she shall apply to the maritime court at the place where the ship is delivered or where the transferee is located.
II. What are materials to be submitted in the application for publication of a notice for maritime lien?
1. Application for publication of a notice of maritime lien
The application shall specify the name of the ship, the facts and reasons for the application for the notice of maritime lien.
2. Evidence materials of ship transfer and assignment
Including evidence materials of ship information, such as the certificate of ownership, nationality certificate and sales contract of the ship.
3. Documents for the applicant’s subject qualification
If the applicant is a natural person, submit the copy of identification card; if the applicant is a legal person or other organization, submit the copy of business license or organization code certificate and the identity certificate of the legal representative or the person chiefly in charge.
4. Power of attorney
If the agent ad litem is a lawyer, submit the power of attorney and the letter of law firm; if the agent ad litem is a company employee, submit the copy of the employee’s identification card, power of attorney, the copy of labor contract and the aforesaid documents should be affixed with the company’s stamp.
5. Confirmation of service address for legal documents